donderdag 15 augustus 2013

Serenity:



If Hell is fire, suffering and darkness, then it is here on Earth.
If everything you can think of is possible on this planet, then it must be Heaven too.
This is why we monks meditate, to get closer to the Heaven in all of us. Snuff the darkness as it were.
I wasn't always a monk, I used to be a crime lord.
Ruling Rotterdam city with an iron fist and bags of cocaine and Ketamine.
After a few years in prison I have seen the light, this world was such a bad place because of me.
Because I brought more darkness with me, I made the darkness stronger.
Criminals were people too, misunderstood people, who misunderstood the world.
Shunned human beings, who shunned the world in return, creating a circle of darkness.
A downwards spiral of hate and suffering.

In prison I learned that there are far less bad people on this world, then there are people who don't know any better.
People who like me thought there was nothing wrong, with making a living from death and suffering.
That the suffering would be there without them.
But when I returned from prison, I learned that I had clients because I could provide them with drugs, that there was organized crime, because I organized it.
Completely gone it was not, but the incompetent fool, who took over my rule, had lost a lot of terrain and the city was better of without me and my criminal ways.
This is when I decided to move my rotten mind away from the bad impulses of life.
I secluded myself in the mountains of Tibet and became a Buddhist monk, to allow myself to embrace the finer things in life.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten